Thursday, February 3, 2011

Elevated HR Solutions: Video Resumes Are Here!

Yup - it's official - I have finally received my first video resume!

Verdict:  I LOVE the idea of it.  It certainly got my attention (similar to how a heavy stock paper resume that comes to me in the mail still gets me every time!)   However, I don't really know very much about the person, so the 5 minute intro wasn't used as well as it could have.  But interestingly enough I'm still thinking about him...so much so that I'm writing about him.  So whether or not it was good or bad, right now I want to find out more and that's exactly what a job seeker should aim to do!

Perhaps the trend continues or perhaps it will take a while to catch on.  I think the key learning out of this for me is this: Job seekers - definitely dare to be different! A foot in the door is better than the door slammed in your face! The best places to work are still tough to get into - if you're the best person for the organization, make it known!

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys,,
    This post is very useful and very interesting to read, Really this Post is providing nice information,Keep it up.
    HR Policy

    ReplyDelete