Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My business doesn't need HR...or does it?

A human resources department can be one of the most costly of all departments in any given organization. However, that same department can save time, effort and money if it operates at the level you need it to.

Small businesses are no different and in my experience, could utilize support when it comes to answering questions about their human capital.  That's why I started the service, "HR Advice @ Your Fingertips".  It's a 24/7 service for all and any inquiries a small business has about their employees.

The most typical questions I receive from business owners are:
  • How do I discipline a staff member?
  • Do I have the right to terminate?
  • I'm changing his salary.  Does it need to be documented?
  • Do I need to have an offer letter for a term employee?
  • What's an average salary for X position?
  • What can I do with a manager who lacks "people management" skills?
  • Should I have a dress code policy?
  • One of my employees is taking Short Term Disability. What rights do I have as an employer?
  • Are there any free sites for advertising my position?
  • What questions can I ask in a reference check?
For a simple and affordable price, a small business owner and his/her management team can get the advice and assistance needed from a seasoned HR expert who can handle your unique challenges.  Our goal is to save you time, stop small issues from becoming complex, and help you to avoid larger legal bills.  For more information about "HR Advice @ Your Fingertips" please email me at michelleb@elevatedhr.com !

http://www.elevatedhr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment