Sunday, January 16, 2011

Elevated HR Solutions: Employee Engagement

I had the extreme pleasure of presenting to a group of business owners, CEOs and senior managers this past week on the topic of employee engagement.  I was given an hour and a half, and admittedly was initially overwhelmed of where to start.  I have often complained that the only people who are talking or caring about employee engagement are fellow HR colleagues and here I was: Presenting to the audience I've always wanted.

As much as I was there to teach and facilitate, I had the opportunity to listen and learn a lot myself.  At the end of the day I think we all were reminded that Employee Engagement isn't rocket science. Nothing I said was new or extremely innovative - just gentle reminders of how to improve it and how it can really boost an organization in terms of sales, profits, productivity and customer service.  The main points touched on were reminders that if you are having issues with motivation, complacency and employee engagement in general, it starts with the top. They have to put the time and energy in to engaging their employees.  No one else (including myself) can do it for them.

If you need help in identifying whether your employees are engaged or not - ask them.  It's a great first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment